B2B SEO companies: how to choose a good one
If you run a business, you probably have a website, and you undoubtedly want to generate more traffic on it. The best way to do this is with the help of SEO (short for Search Engine Optimisation). This is an essential part of your digital marketing strategy, regardless of which industry you work in. There are, however, different ways to engage in SEO. While you might be familiar with B2C SEO, B2B SEO is a little different. We at iTrobes have put together a guide that will help you to understand what exactly B2B SEO is, and also help you choose a B2B SEO agency that works for you.
What is SEO?
In 2022, search engines are the first thing people turn to when they want answers to a problem. You can use SEO to make sure that your website is listed high enough on search engine results pages. This will increase the chances of potential customers finding your website. One of the major benefits of SEO is that it is an organic way to bring in customers. Instead of you reaching out to them (and potentially annoying them) judicious use of SEO will allow them to find you.
B2B SEO vs. B2C SEO
As you probably know, B2B stands for business-to-business and B2C stands for business-to-consumer. If your customers are individuals, B2C marketing is what you need. If, on the other hand, your customer base includes companies, you have to engage in B2B marketing. There are, undoubtedly, many differences between them. Here, we’ll look at how they differ when it comes to SEO.
The main goal of B2C SEO is to generate traffic that immediately translates to purchases. On the other hand, since the B2B buying process is much more complex, the goal of B2B SEO is to create awareness and generate leads that will (hopefully) be converted into sales deals.
When you engage in B2B SEO, you are not writing for a large demographic group. Instead, you are targeting high-level decision-makers such as CEOs or marketing managers. This naturally has an effect on both your content and keyword strategies.
While the content for B2C marketing does better if it is fun and engaging, the same is not true of B2B content. Since you are trying to convince people to (usually) spend a lot of money on your products and services, the technical aspect and accuracy of your content are much more important than the entertainment aspect.
The keywords you use for B2B SEO will typically be more complex. This is because decision-makers would probably be searching for solutions to a specific problem their business has. This means that, instead of using the most commonly searched keywords, you have to do your research and find keywords that are specific to your industry.
Despite all of these differences, it is important to keep in mind that B2C and B2B SEO are still both forms of search engine optimisation. This means that a lot of practices that work well for B2C SEO will work for B2B SEO as well. This includes things such as making sure your main keyword appears at the start of your content and building up trustworthy links.
Even if you are going to outsource your SEO services, it is always a good idea to have an understanding of what you are going to be paying for. Now that we’ve looked at what B2B SEO is, let’s take a look at how to pick a company that will do this for you.
How to choose a B2B SEO company in India?
What to look for
- Positive reviews from older B2B SEO clients. This is a no-brainer. If the company has done work that other people are happy with, chances are they’ll be able to do it again.
- Varied use of SEO tools. You want to be able to trust that the company has refined its processes and is using a combination of tools to get the best possible results. If they rely solely on one tool – like Google analytics – they may not be that experienced.
- An understanding of the differences between B2B and B2C SEO. You might come across an SEO agency that deals primarily with B2C SEO. Even though they might be great at it, if they don’t have an understanding of B2B practices, they will not be able to help you.
- Experience in your industry. If a company has worked on projects similar to yours, chances are that they will be able to use that experience to give you better results. They may, for example, have already done a lot of the keyword research that you will need.
What to look out for
SEO can make or break your brand. Engaging in bad SEO practices can sometimes do more harm than having no dedicated SEO at all. Here are some red flags to look out for while choosing a B2B SEO company.
- A guarantee of quick results. If an SEO company guarantees that it will improve your rankings quickly, they’re probably not telling the truth. SEO is organic, and it will take at least 6 to 12 months to start seeing results.
- They don’t have an online presence. It should be pretty obvious that an SEO company that doesn’t have a website or a LinkedIn profile isn’t going to be of much help to you.
- Low-quality writing. Any good B2B SEO agency will know that good, high-quality content is extremely important for a successful SEO strategy. If a company uses bad grammar and spelling on its own website, chances are they’ll do the same for yours.
Looking for a B2B SEO company in India?
iTrobes has got your back! We offer our B2B SEO services not only in India but all over the world. We understand the nuances in the differences between B2B SEO and B2C SEO. At affordable SEO prices, we will make sure that your content is tailored to your specific needs. Write to us today to get started on your SEO journey!