Lifecycle And Stages Of eCommerce Development
eCommerce is the process of buying or selling goods online. It is one of the processes that allows users to buy or sell their goods worldwide at the advantage of an improved audience. It comes with a platform flexibility that includes creating your website or using existing platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, or social media.
eCommerce development can be a complex process with multiple processes that allow you to create and launch an online platform for offering your services. Looking for the detailed eCommerce development stages? Depending on the project size and professional experience, eCommerce website development costs in India can vary greatly.
12 Stages Of eCommerce Development
eCommerce development is a complex process, and by following this comprehensive list of eCommerce website development stages, you can make your platform one-of-a-kind and innovative:
Stage 1: Conceptualize and Research
Identifying Your Niche
- The first step towards developing an eCommerce is knowing your forte.
- Study every market aspect, from trends to customers and preferences, to know what type of eCommerce suits you best.
- Conduct market research in an extensive manner and gather all the required information.
- Analyze the market data and identify the key areas that have potential for growth and places that have market gaps.
Stage 2: Develop a Business Plan and Strategy
- Understand the different types of business models, which include B2B, B2C, C2C, and hybrid models.
- Your business model choice is essential for your business and customers.
- Creating a detailed plan of what your revenue looks like is crucial. In simple terms, get a budget plan that includes all expenses and possible incomes.
- This revenue model can include product sales, subscription fees, advertising, and more.
- Developing a pricing strategy that records and defines the costs and market dynamics will give a broader understanding of customer expectations and sales.
Stage 3: Ensure Compliance With Legal and Regulatory Standards
- Get your business registered and apply for the required licenses and permits to function in this eCommerce.
- Business registration ensures that your eCommerce is a legitimate and trustworthy brand.
Privacy and Security
- It is important to follow data protection laws and implement a solid infrastructure for security.
- Privacy and security of your customer is one of the critical elements of effective eCommerce.
- The next step requires creating a secure payment processing system for all your transactions and business.
- Your business model should comply with all financial regulations and payment necessities.
Elevate Your Online Store With Us
Stage 4: Craft and Develop a Website
Domain Name and Hosting
- The domain you choose will be the face of your brand and its products. Therefore, choosing a domain name closely related to your brand is necessary.
Design and User Experience
- It is necessary to create an attractive design for your website such that your customers will remember and be familiar with the website. The user experience should be user-friendly and adaptable to devices and across platforms.
Content Management System
- Choose a content management system that suits your brand identity and is appropriate for your company and custom development.
- Your website should include all the essential eCommerce characteristics like product catalog, shopping cart, account sign-in, and search functionality with filters.
- Integration This is a crucial step in website creation. Payment gateway integration to your website is essential for transactions and secure business.
Stage 5: Create a Product Catalog and Inventory Management
- Specifying what your company provides and what the products include, along with high-quality images, descriptions, and prices, makes the catalogue more comprehensive.
- Include inventory management control to keep track of your stock levels and alert for the automatic restocking process.
Stage 6: Icing on the Cake
- The Search Engine Optimization is an important feature of your website. A good SEO can increase the probability of a customer landing on your page and thus choosing your products.
- Implement a comprehensive and engaging social media strategy that will help your brand build its branding image and act as a medium to engage with the audience and promote the products.
- Build an email list and use this method to promote your brands by emailing customers.
- To develop your brand to a greater level, consider getting a paid advertising platform like Google Ads, Television, Social Media, and more.
- Use blog posts or vlogs to create content and market your product and brand name using content marketing. This will help you to attract and retain customers.
Stage 7: Assure Quality Products
- Once the design process is done, the website’s functionality elements are tested, including the shopping cart, payment, and user accounts.
- Testing whether the website performs efficiently and functions quickly, including good traffic handling.
- Conducting multiple security tests and firewall penetration tests to examine if the website has any vulnerabilities.
Browser and Device Compatibility
- This process includes website testing on different browsers and devices to check whether the website is compatible with these platform shifts.
Stage 8: Launch and Deployment
- This launch type targets a small and limited audience to check the website’s functionality and examine for any issues.
- On the other hand, a full launch is when everything works according to the plans and the complete and finished website is launched to the public.
Stage 9: Provide Customer Service
- For a company to develop constructively, you must gather constructive and comprehensive customer feedback. A website becomes more engaged with its customers by providing multiple customer support and feedback platforms.
Returns and Refunds
- Once the website is on the platform, you must establish policies and regulations for returns/refunds. Thus building the brand’s trust amongst its customers.
Stage 10: Analytics
- The next step includes understanding website traffic and user behavior with analytical tools like Google Analytics.
- Using the data collected and analyzed, improve the performance of your website and revise marketing strategies to optimize the website.
Stage 11: Scaling and Growth
Expand Product Range
- According to the industry trends and expectations of users, try to increase/expand the product range by adding new products and services to your eCommerce website.
- One of the ways to make your business services available globally is to internationalize it and provide shipping worldwide.
Stage 12: Maintenance and Updates
- Keeping your website updated regularly is necessary, especially regarding software, content, and security.
- Your eCommerce website must promptly fix any bugs. This keeps up the user experience and avoids any problems related to eCommerce.
Unlock Your eCommerce Potential With iTrobes
Are you looking for an eCommerce website development company? iTrobes is an experienced company with a successful history of planning, crafting, and implementing the best website designs according to your needs. If your startup is looking for a creative kick-start with an engaging website or an existing eCommerce platform planning to hone your business, iTrobes is the best choice.
With a team of professional designers and technical experts, iTrobes provides web development services to keep your eCommerce updated and scalable according to increasing market demands. So don’t think twice. Contact iTrobes and get a fully-fledged website solution.